Power steering

New Ford cosmic car

Модератор: DanMc85

Ответить
Dalmore27

Power steering

Сообщение Dalmore27 »

Hi,
There is an issue with my original electric power steering gear, electronics of it has failed ( Ford even issued recall for that). Car is 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE.
My car electric told me that i need new steering gear unit. Original one in my car has part number DG9C-3D080-AJ.

Question is if I can program another power steering unit with different part number or it has to match the one in the car? I do ask this because there are several power steering gear units available from Ford Mondeo MK5 and they have part number FG9C-3D070-EC /FG9C-3D070-CB numbers. Interesting whether will steering gear from Mondeo will work on Fusion, they look the same, connectors seems to be the same.
I also own another 2014 Ford Fusion 2.5 SE that I own has steering gear with part number EG9C-3D070-AG.

syrusas

Re: Power steering

Сообщение syrusas »

I dont know about Fusion / Mondeo power steering unit, but more than a few times I have swapped Focus power steering units.
For most, they did not work if they where from another Focus (few did worked out of the box). But update'ing, downgrade'ing though UCDS Update Wizard always solved it. After update, power steering units always started working without any errors.

Ответить