Focus MK3 APIM firmware update

Модератор: DanMc85

Ответить
Steevo25

Focus MK3 APIM firmware update

Сообщение Steevo25 »

Hi All,

I have just taken delivery of my new UCDS adapter. I have never used UCDS before but my first task is to update the firmware on my APIM to enable the calm screen on the 3.4 Sync 3.4 update. I am in the UK.

My car is a Ford Focus 2014 MK3 which initially came with Sync 1. This was recently retrofitted with Sync 3 that came from a 2016 Focus MK3.5 donor car. After install, the latest build of Sync 3.4 was installed using the Cyanlabs installation. Everything works fine including Park Assist etc. The only thing I do not get is the calm screen. For this, I am told the firmware needs to be upgraded on the APIM.

I connected UCDS and went in to the update wizard. I initially selected Focus 2011-2015 but by doing this I just got an exclamation mark next to the APIM basically telling me it couldn't do anything with it. I then remembered that my APIM came from a 2016/2017 Focus so I selected Focus 2015.25. It then tells me my APIM firmware is current and does not offer any upgrade firmware.

I know my firmware is not current so not sure what I am doing wrong.

Can anyone walk me through how I should be doing this as it's my first time using UCDS and there seems to be very limited documentation.
a94380e881902ac679d508dc73fb0dd7f425cfd9.png
The above are the details I get from Forscan. Just didn't want to use Forscan as I have read horror stories of problems with it's firmware upgrade process. I was recommended to use UCDS.

Many thanks in advance.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.

DYBRS

Re: Focus MK3 APIM firmware update

Сообщение DYBRS »

First: No native english,.... so...

You won't get what you want with Wizard (UCDS) or the "Available" Option (Forscan)

You have to use VBF Loader (UCDS) or "Custom" in Forscan, because the way you tried it tells you only the official updates for your hardware.

To Update the Firmware of an EX-3.0 APIM to 3.4 you should use:

SBL = GB5T-14G376-AA.vbf
1 = 1U5T-14G374-EL.vbf
2 = 1U5T-14G375-HA.vbf (or FA depending on Flash Capacity)
3 = GB5T-14G379-AA.vbf
4 = 5U5T-14G379-BC.vbf

Works perfectly with my JR3T APIM

Ответить